Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Day in the Life

7:15 a.m. - the alarm goes off. Decision time. Get up, make coffee, chant, go running, or...go back to sleep until approximately 8:55 a.m. and leave myself about 10 minutes to get ready and run out the door?

Generally, option B wins. So I'm hoping that if I blog about it, option A will start to creep forward in the running more often. This morning I woke up pre-alarm (shocking, I know) and wrote for a bit before coffee, chanting, running, taking a leisurely shower, having time to actually pick out an outfit, and heading off to work.

And it was awesome. I used to think I hated running, but I think I just hate the idea of running. Or maybe the idea of getting dressed to run. But the actual running part of it is euphoric, amazing, gives me time to just listen to music and be in my head for twenty minutes. So here's hoping that tomorrow at 7:15 when the alarm goes off, I'll remember this and I'll get out of bed. Here's hoping.

No comments: