Monday, April 12, 2010

if you're happy and you know it clap your hands (clap, clap)

I was out for a drink with a friend last night, and we were discussing how he's happier than he's ever been -- even though he's unemployed and not sure what his next step will be. And I realized that I'm pretty happy too.

If you had told me a year ago (or any number of years ago, really) that at 29, I'd be working for my dad and be content, I would have laughed in your face. But. I get to bring my dog to work, I'm not in constant fear of losing my job, I'm learning how to run a small business...and I've been writing more than ever. I'm currently working on more sketches, a full-length play, and will be writing for a theater event in the Hollywood Fringe Festival.

I've been chanting a lot, and half the time I am simply chanting my gratitude - for my health, my house, friends, family, animals...the list goes on. When you stop to reflect on the positive things in your life, they seem to multiply.