Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Not-So-Hot Link Wednesday


My grandma's dying. This helped:

June 8, 2010 Daily Encouragement from President Ikeda:

President Toda often said that the final four or five years of one's life are decisive. No matter how good the preceding years may have been, one's life ends in defeat and sadness if the final few years are miserable. On the other hand, someone whose last four or five years are happy and filled with joy can be described a winner in life. No matter what happens, even if we should fall sick, we must never grow discouraged or allow ourselves to be defeated. This is vital. As long as our spirits are undefeated, we are victors.

If you'd like more quotes like that, go here.

I also buried a cat yesterday - the grey one, Noodle. I pasted in a picture of her little "tombstone" (a stepping stone from Home Depot). The plant is a white bird of paradise.

So yeah, no other links today. It's being a rough week. But here's a poem that I read when I buried Noodle yesterday, and that I'll probably be reading again at a funeral within the next week or so.
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.
(Mary Elizabeth Frye)

That also helps.

2 comments:

Matt Nolan said...

Jackie, your ability to express yourself is a GIFT. I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma? Oh no, she's such a tough, sweet woman. I only hope she suffers little, and feels blessed by all the family she's created around her. She should feel safe, and proud.

NoHoJax said...

Thanks so much Matt. I'll keep you guys posted, and I think Michelle is coming over on Thursday night. I think my abuelita feels both safe and proud. xoxo