Monday, July 19, 2010

Big News

It seems fitting that this news will go in my 100th post.

I think I may have found a school at which I'll be doing after school programs in the fall. I blogged about this a couple of months ago - about needing to get off my rear and start working on my non-profit. Well, by a wonderful string of events, I met with a principal of a charter high school that is completely lacking any classes in the arts. It's a brand-new school, with just a 9th grade class. And the first day of school is in a little under 2 months.

This is a project that has been in my head for ten years, and it's a little surreal that it may be getting underway so quickly.

My next step is to email this principal (who seems really fantastic and I think we'll get along great) a proposal of what I'd like the program to look like. So I'm off to work on that now, but just wanted to pop in here and share the good news.

No comments: