Thursday, October 2, 2008

Enjoying the Happy Medium...

...which is really the calm before the storm.

I feel like right now I've struck a good balance of spare time, work time, play time and alone time. I'll enjoy it while it lasts, because in about a month I start stage-managing another play for my theater company, Moving Arts. The play is called Song of Extinction, written by E.M. Lewis, a friend and local playwright. I'm super excited because it's an amazing play and I'm working with some really talented people. But I'm a little intimidated by the schedule - Thursday, Friday, Saturday evenings and 2 shows on Sundays for 5 weeks. Goodbye free time, friends and sleep! Through that whole period, I will still be attending improv classes, with a showcase on December 1. Which is also exciting and intimidating. But aren't all good things?

I went running again this morning - it was a little hot and gross out, and I didn't choose the loveliest route (just ran a mile down Lankershim and back up) but at least I did it! Very proud of myself.

And as for the debate...no comment. Other than to say that I played Palin Bingo, which was very enjoyable.

No comments: