Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Poker? But I don't even know her!

Tonight is my first poker night. I really wish I had one of those green see through visors with the white piping and the lights, but I'll have to make do without. Apparently none of us (the players) are very good at the poker, so it should be interesting. I hope someone at least knows the rules - 'cause I sure don't.

I feel like I've been more experimental lately, what with the improv and the kickball and now the poker. Trying stuff on, seeing what fits. I've realized the title of this blog really should be "A Jax Grows in NoHo."

One of the daily silent prayers in my Buddhism practice is the following:

"I pray to bring forth Buddhahood from within my life and accomplish my own human revolution, change my destiny and fulfill my wishes in the present and the future."

Heady stuff. I still haven't quite wrapped my mind around the human revolution bit of it, but I'm all about wish fulfillment and changing my destiny. Oh, and being a good person of course. I think part of changing one's destiny is going outside of the comfort zone - which brings me back to the whole idea of doing things that are uncomfortable or difficult for the sake of growth and change.

Hmmm, from poker to human revolution in ten sentences or less. I like it.

No comments: